-
March 6th, 2006, 11:01 PM
#9
Inactive Member
I relish the fact that almost everyone thinks I'm weird and differnt! I encourage my daughter to march to beat of her own drums, not someone elses! It makes my DH proud when someone comments on how different I am and I was lucky enough to have parents that encouraged almost anything I was interested in. How boring the world would be if everyone liked the same things and did everything the same. We're all special and different even though we have some of the same interests. Who cares who does or doesn't like it. I hate housework and tend to do the 10 minute tidy when company comes over. Well my mother in law who is the neatest housecleaner in the world came over one day for a rubber stamping party and there was a great big cobweb hanging on the pie safe in the dinning room. She noticed it immediately and pointed it out to me.
My response.......Well, that just adds to the antique quality so that you get the whole picture.
She laughed and shook her head. I meant every word. I would much rather spend my free time doing crafts with my daughter who is growing up way too fast than to pull out the refrigerator and clean behind it. When I'm dead and gone no one will remember me for a clean house and normal life. Hopefully they'll say something like,
"Remember how funny she was? Always buying doll stuff and collecting everyones junk to use for crafts! She sure never worried about her house!"
My sister is 35 and still collects designer Barbies. She has no children so you can imagine.
A neighbors child tried to make my DD feel bad about playing with dolls. She told her only babies do that. Well my DD came back with,
" My mom said that people shouldn't make other people feel bad and make fun of them for things that make them happy. I would never let you or anyone else take away something that I like just because you say I shouldn't."
The little girl's mother called me and told me about it and how glad she was that it happened.
Guess what?????
Her daugher asked her mother if she could her Barbies back out of the attic so she could play with them. Her mom asked her why, because she thought the DD was too old for dolls.
The DD replied, "Mom, that's silly. I've always loved my dolls and there is no reason why someone should make me feel bad because of it."
Moral of the Story:
If you love it, and no one gets hurt and it's legal, do it. The only one that will be affected if you stop doing something you love is YOU!!!!
Relish in the fact that you are you and you are different and be proud of the fact that you are!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks